Monday, May 16, 2011

The Cave

I am pulling an all-nighter this evening and in doing so, I find myself clinging to a few really fabulous songs on YouTube.

Why YouTube? I can't answer that question.

Regardless, I have to say the song that has made the biggest impact on me so far this year is "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons. If you have not heard this masterpiece of banjo-alt-rock glory, please take a moment to do so now:



Lyrically, this is one of the best songs that I have heard in awhile. I don't know how else to describe other than fantastic.

The end of the song, the voice that comes out of their singer - so pained, but so strong. AH. So good. I am telling you, if you don't know it, you will learn to love it. This particular song has completely changed my life.

I simply feel like they relate so strongly to a particular situation (actually two) in my life and I am so grateful that I was able to stumble across this song again.

I first heard it last year, but it definitely needed 2011 to flourish, at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment